TIPS AND TRICKS FOR A TALLER YOU
These days we're all about promoting the idea of loving ourselves just the way we are, but if you've ever wanted to learn styling tips to enhance your height and feel more confident, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I’ve got you covered. Here are my go-to tips to appear taller than you really are.
- Monochrome – Wearing one color ultimately helps create the illusion of a long vertical line.
- Maxi Skirts – Don’t be scared of wearing maxi skirts; wear solid maxis that are so long that your feet are hidden. Wear heels underneath and pair with a fitted top. A crisp silhouette is the best way to go.
- High Waist – It's also best to wear high waist bottoms to make your legs look longer. To make your torso appear longer, pair those high waist bottoms with a cute crop top.
- Flared Jeans – Tuck your top (or bodysuit) into form-fitting (super slim through the leg) flared jeans. Note that the waistband should never be lower than your actual waist; Finish the look with heels that instantly elongate your legs.
- Low-Cut Vamp Heels – Heels that show more of your feet instantly make your legs appear longer than if your shoe vamp covers your feet entirely.
- Avoid Ankle Straps – Shoes with ankle straps are generally cute, but they'll cut off your legs.
- Nude Heels – These give the same illusion or effect as low cut vamp heels.
- V-necks – Deep V-necks help by drawing the attention to your face.
- Neutrals – Clothes with neutral colors don’t shrink up your frame the way clothes with bold and loud prints do.
- Turtleneck – Wearing turtlenecks help by lengthening your frame.
- Short Bottoms – It’s best to go short when going short, ...if you know what I mean. ;) Avoid cutting off your legs at all costs. Unfortunately, wearing skirts with an awkward length above your knees or wearing capri pants will do that.
- Small Bags – The bigger your bag is, the smaller you'll appear.
- Vertical Stripes – Just like the monochromatic look, vertical stripes create that illusion of elongation.
- Pointy Flats – We all can’t wear heels all day, every day. If you’re going to wear flats, opt for pointy ones.
- Short Hair – Chopping your hair a few notches can actually make you appear taller. It elongates your neck and prevents you from drowning or overwhelming your stature.
Some great examples of clothing that you can wear to achieve the height illusion are: CARTAGENA, ST. TROPEZ, TEL AVIV , BOKA, LAGOS, VIENNA, MADRID, and SANDY CAY.
Just remember ladies, always be mindful of proportions. That is the secret to the magic trick.
Leave a comment